It is late at night and I am hungry and ready for summer treats! My family has been eating take out or Mac and Cheese or Hot Pockets for far too long as I closed out the school year and celebrated my daughter’s graduation.
So I decided that I need some creative, fresh, and fun new recipes and who best to look to for those than YOU?!
You, who have been inspiring me for the last few months. So here is the challenge for next week. I am looking for some yummy recipes that we can all share and since I know that even your readers may have a creative tip or two, I am inviting everyone to be the host for next week! Yes, you can just grab the code below and put it in your post for Monday, June 17th and YOU will have the link-up-linky thing that will show up on your blog!
And to make it even more fun, one linky upper (Yes, I did just make that up) for next week will get a fun little prize! Start thinking now!
Here is one to get you started: I just found this on the blog of a gal that I met at Allume – Kristin Schell. You must head over to Kristin’s place! Right now. . . I will wait! Did you see it? I love how her blog brings words and food and fun all around the table!
One of these days, I hope we meet again and can chat for even longer!
- 1 mango, cubed
- 1 avocado, cubed
- ¼ cup roasted red pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- ½ lime, juice
- Gently toss all ingredients together. Squeeze lime juice over the salsa. Stir and sprinkle with pepitas! Serve in chilled glasses with cocktail shrimp.
Doesn’t that sound SO good?! And don’t you love it how it comes in a cool card on her blog? SO creative! I must ask her how she does that sometime!
Okay, your turn. Link up any post you have for this week, but for next week, try to get a fun recipe to share! But if you don’t have one, go ahead and link up anything you think will be inspiring because I still want to read it! Now, here is the code for you to put in your post for next week:
<!– start LinkyTools script –>
<!– end LinkyTools script –>
Just highlight and copy the whole thing and put it in your post. Easy peasy!
And here is a little hint. You will not see it until you publish it. And it will not show up until the linky is live which will be next Sunday night. Okay, this should be fun! With so many wonderful people hosting, there should be many fun comments for everyone!
Here are our trusty hostesses that share joy and inspiration with every word they share:
And here is where we make it easy to share a little love – just copy this code to put in your blog post.
So now it is your turn…We all need a little inspiration.
Here are “The Rules” ~
1. Write, show, or share something that will inspire others. It can be one thing or several. It can be a quick thing like a quote or a longer thing like sharing some verses in the Bible and what it says to you or a tutorial on making your own wrapping paper. Anything goes. For next week – The challenge is a recipe!
2. No blog? No worries… share in your comments something that could inspire others.
3. Link back over here using that sweet little button made just for this or a blog link and invite your friends.
3. Link up your blog and join the community of inspiring people by using the cute little linky tool.
4. Use the URL of your specific post, not just your home page. We want to get right to the inspiration that you are sharing with us!
5. Make sure you go get some inspiration from other bloggers, but especially the one right before you and give a little comment love!